Injured Due to Another’s Negligent or Intentional Actions? Ask our Personal Injury Lawyer in Middlesex County, NJ for Help
If you have been injured due to the reckless, careless, or intentional actions of another person, business, or government entity, you may have a personal injury case in New Jersey. This type of case allows an individual injured by another to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and of course pain and suffering. In cases where there have been serious or catastrophic injuries, victims may be entitled to considerable compensation. Insurance companies know this and will quickly try to contact you and get you to agree to a settlement that is much lower than what you may be entitled to under New Jersey law. Sometimes insurance adjusters even use unfair tactics to get you to admit facts that hurt your case—even if that did not happen. While it may be tempting to take the quick settlement, it is always better to contact a personal injury lawyer in Middlesex County, NJ.
Here at the Silverberg Law Firm, LLC, our experienced lawyer has over 30 years of representing residents of New Jersey and New York in corporate and business transactions, bankruptcy, and personal injury law. If you suffered personal injuries due to another’s negligent or intentional actions, call us for a FREE consultation by dialing (732) 992-3000 to learn how we can help you. There is no upfront cost to begin with our firm, and we only get paid if you get paid in a settlement, court verdict, or arbitration.
Call today to fight back and learn how we can protect your rights to compensation, including compensation for the following:
- Past pain and suffering – from the date of the accident to the date you settle or receive a verdict
- Future pain and suffering – an amount from the date of payment to the end of your life expectancy measured by an actuary table
- Medical bills – all past and future medical bills, including for surgeries or medication costs
- Lost wages – any lost wages or lost vacation time due to the accident, your injuries disability, or any other missed days due to the accident
- Future lost earnings – if you are forced to take a lower-paying job due to your disability, you may be entitled to the difference in salary between your higher job and your lower job, multiple by the rest of your working life expectancy (usually somewhere between 62 and 67)
- Vehicle and home modifications
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs, lifts, holding bars, prosthetics
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one is wrongfully killed, including burial costs and funeral expenses
- Punitive damages if the defendant’s conduct shocks the conscience and is egregious (only in rare cases), and
- Any other damages related to your claim that our personal injury lawyer in Middlesex County, NJ.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
There are many different types of personal injury cases that we can handle for you. Most of the cases are based on negligence, or the failure to act reasonably which results in an increased risk of unnecessary harm to foreseeable victims. Other types of cases are based on intentional actions, such as criminal actions. Some of the most common types of cases that we can handle for you include the following:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
All motorists owe others on or near the roadway a duty to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances in the use or operation of their motor vehicle. This includes driven safely, defensibly, and following all vehicle and traffic laws. The failure to do so could result in a preventable accident due to reckless or careless conduct. This is a type of negligence claim, or a claim based on the common law made over decades of judicial decision writing.
But where a defendant violates a vehicle and traffic law that was meant to protect a victim from the harm that occurred, that could be another type of negligence claim that automatically establishes liability. This is from the doctrine of negligence per se, and it is a powerful tool for a plaintiff to use when he or she has been injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by a violation of the traffic law.
Some of the most common types of motor vehicle accident cases that our personal injury lawyer in Middlesex, NJ could handle for you include the following:
- Car accidents
- Trucking wrecks
- Motorcycle collisions
- Bicycle crashes
- Pedestrian knockdowns
- Bus accidents
- Municipal vehicle wrecks
- Construction truck crashes, and
- Many other types of vehicle collisions.
Slip and Fall Accidents
All landowners, tenants, or property maintainers in control of a store, business, home, or other property must maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition under the circumstances. This could mean performing routine inspections to search for defects and hazards (stores and businesses), to having to repair, warn, and make safe the dangerous condition (all landowners or tenants). There is even an obligation for defendants to not cause intentional or artificial harm to trespassers, such as setting up a bear trap in an area frequently used as a shortcut.
Some of the most common types of slip and fall accidents include the following:
- Product slips in stores
- Snow and ice
- Debris left on the ground
- Tracked in rainwater or melted snow
- Broken flooring
- Inadequate lighting on stairs
- Broken handrails
- Excessive use of cleaning supplies like soap or wax on floors
- Leaky AC units or refrigeration units in stores or businesses
- Uneven flooring
- Broken stair treads, and
- Any other dangerous defect on the ground that causes you to slip and fall in New Jersey.
Dog Bites or Animal Attacks
Under New Jersey law, dog owners are strictly liable if their dog or pet bites, attacks, or otherwise injures another person. This includes any subsequent infections from the bite. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a dog bite, please call our personal injury lawyer in Middlesex County, NJ to learn how we can help you protect your rights to compensation.
Medical Malpractice and Birth Injuries
We expect doctors and healthcare providers to heal us, not harm us. Unfortunately, medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States. This means there are a lot of negligent, careless, reckless, and downright harmful conduct occurring. Some common types of medical malpractice claims include the following:
- Surgical errors
- Birth injuries
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer, heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolisms, or other conditions
- Anesthesia errors
- Foreign objects left in a patient
- Wrong patient surgery/wrong site surgery
- Burn injuries
- ER delays, and
- Other types of serious medical malpractice or birth injuries.
Other Types of Personal Injury Cases We May Handle
We also handle other types of serious personal injury or catastrophic injury cases, including the following:
- Intentional torts such as assault, battery, sexual offenses, rape, and other conduct
- Wrongful death cases
- Traumatic brain injury cases
- Construction site accidents or labor law cases
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Spinal cord injury matters
- Negligent security cases
- Prescription errors
- Chemical exposure or toxic tort cases, and
- Many other types of cases in New Jersey where someone was harmed by the conduct of another.
Injured in New Jersey? Call Attorney Jay L. Silverberg Today!
If you or a loved one were injured in a personal injury matter occurring anywhere in New Jersey, call our personal injury lawyer in Middlesex County, NJ for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help you by dialing (732) 992-3000. You can also send us a message below: